So what does wishing S a very happy birthday mean to me? It means:
- Thank God for blessing S with good health and watching over her.
- Thank God that I survived 5 years!
- Thank God that he gave us such a beautiful and precocious child.
- Thank God for all that he has done for the family for the past 5 years.
- Thank God for letting us celebrate S birthday with her school friends.
- Thank God for the love that he has shown her and giving her a very generous heart.
- Thank God for giving me a different kind of life, one that is surrounded by lots of messy play, arts, crafts, and occasional yelling.
Looking back 5 years, I wish I did some things differently:
- Getting another degree like art therapy, early childhood education or psychology via distance learning
- Reading up on parenting methods and raising up children God’s way before having S
- Wanting to have kids earlier
- Having good financial plans and savings
- Picking up Pilates instructor course
- Meeting more like minded friends for support
- Travel more
I think it would be lovely to work on some of the “I wish” list above this year. I do feel 5 years older and I hope I am 5 years wiser too. Let’s see how the next 5 years would be like!
Happy Birthday dearest S. You are our precious little one and we love you very much.